Re: Postgres Giving Errors Incomplete Startup Packet - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Postgres Giving Errors Incomplete Startup Packet
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
"Amit Aggarwal" <amit.aggarwal1@gmail.com> writes:
> We are running a web application making connections to postgres using jdbc.
> It is fairly database intensive, but we find the logs filled with the
> following dump. What could be the possible causes for this ?

The probable cause is something connecting to port 5432 and then
disconnecting without sending anything.  The fact that the occurrences
are exactly a minute apart suggests that it's some sort of monitoring
tool.  I've heard that there's stuff out there that makes a cheesy probe
that Postgres is "up" by just seeing if it can connect to 5432.

            regards, tom lane