Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Licence: GNU/GPL (Can't take anymore! Make it - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Licence: GNU/GPL (Can't take anymore! Make it
Date
List pgsql-hackers
mlw <markw@mohawksoft.com> writes:
> Does any one really see any reason to debate this? BSD people won't change
> their minds and the GPL people will continue to push for GPL.

Huh?  We're not debating it --- no one in this thread is suggesting that
the license be changed.  We're trying to formulate a FAQ entry that
will prevent people from bringing the subject up again in the future.

I think the hard part here is to word the entry to make it clear that
the decision is final, without annoying anyone so much that we end up
creating flamewars instead of preventing 'em.