Re: JPA + Postgres = autocommit? - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From rob stone
Subject Re: JPA + Postgres = autocommit?
Date
Re: JPA + Postgres = autocommit?  (Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com>)
List pgsql-jdbc
On Mon, 2016-07-25 at 14:53 -0700, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 7/25/2016 2:48 PM, rob stone wrote:
> > I know nothing about Payara, etc. but the "traditional" way of
> > handling
> > this in an application is to:-
> >
> > BEGIN;
> >
> > Do your inserts/updates etc.
> >
> > COMMIT; or if you caught any errors during the inserting/updating,
> > then
> >
> > ROLLBACK;
>
> Not in Java/JDBC applications.   Rather,  they have the concept of
> autocommit on/off, you configure it on a per connection basis.
> commit() and rollback() are API calls to the java database
> connection
> object.

True, however issuing a BEGIN turns autocommit off.

> the real question here is how you convince the OP's stack of tools
> disable autocommit, and that I can't help with, but I'm sure its
> some
> field in one of those XML files

Yes. I'd experiment with <property name="AutoCommit" value="false" />
or maybe value="off" and see if it makes a difference.