Re: Cleanup/remove/update references to OID column - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Cleanup/remove/update references to OID column
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> writes:
> I'm resending this patch, which still seems to be needed.

Yeah, clearly one copy of that text got missed out.  Pushed that.

> Also, should this be removed ?  Or at leat remove the parenthesized text, since
> non-system tables no longer have OIDs: "(use to avoid output on system tables)"

No, I think that's still fine as-is.  Tables still have OIDs, they
just don't *contain* magic OID columns.

> And maybe this (?)
> trace_lock_table (integer)

Hm, the description of that isn't English, at least:

            gettext_noop("Sets the OID of the table with unconditionally lock tracing."),

I'm not entirely sure about the point of tracing locks on just one
table, which seems to be what this is for.