Re: Patch for "CREATE TABLE ... (LIKE ... INCLUDING COMMENTS)" - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Patch for "CREATE TABLE ... (LIKE ... INCLUDING COMMENTS)"
Date
List pgsql-hackers
maxzor <maxzor@maxzor.eu> writes:
> This candidate patch is kind of a bug-solving patch, it applies to one
> unique file : src/backend/parser/parse_utilcmd.c,
> on function transformTableLikeClause.
> Its aim is to include the "top-level" comment of the object (table,
> view, matview...)
> that is being copied ; alongside the lower-level comments already in place.

I kind of think the existing behavior is intentional.  LIKE doesn't attempt
to copy other "top level" properties such as ownership.  Partly that's
because there can be only one --- what will you do when there are
multiple LIKE clauses?