Re: Need help with phys backed shm segments (Postgresql+FreeBSD). - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Need help with phys backed shm segments (Postgresql+FreeBSD).
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net> writes:
> No I'm not sure actually. :)  I'll look into it further, but I
> was wondering if there was something I could do to debug the
> locks better.  I think I'll add some S_MAGIC or something in
> the struct to see if the whole thing is getting clobbered or
> what...  If you have any suggestions let me know.

Seems like a plan.  In current sources I have moved the SLock struct
declaration out of header files and into spin.c; it doesn't really
need to be known anywhere else.  You could probably do the same in
7.0.*, which would greatly simplify changing the struct around to
see what's happening.