Re: FATAL: the database system is in recovery mode - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: FATAL: the database system is in recovery mode
Date
List pgsql-novice
"Laura Hornbeck" <lhornbeck@oppunl.com> writes:
> Hmmm ... unless you had extremely high settings for both checkpoint_segments
> and checkpoint_timeout, it shouldn't take an hour to recover from a crash.

> checkpoint_segments is 8.

That's certainly not out of line --- I'd expect a max recovery time on
the order of a minute or so for that much WAL.

> strace -p26891
> Process 26891 attached - interrupt to quit
> futex(0xb7db2880, FUTEX_WAIT, 2, NULL

Interesting.  We don't use futexes directly, so this smells like a
problem in glibc or some such.  Can you get a stack trace?

    $ gdb /path/to/postgres-executable 26891
    gdb> bt
    gdb> quit

            regards, tom lane