Re: skytools build for 9.5 (EL-6 and EL-7) - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Devrim Gündüz
Subject Re: skytools build for 9.5 (EL-6 and EL-7)
Date
Re: skytools build for 9.5 (EL-6 and EL-7)  ("Cédric Villemain" <cedric@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: skytools build for 9.5 (EL-6 and EL-7)  (Martín Marqués <martin@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi Cédric,

 On Thu, 2016-05-19 at 11:21 +0200, Cédric Villemain wrote:

> fix "make rpm" for skytools, previous  path for the README files was not
> correct.
>
> It's a very simple patch, can you apply it and build packages please ?

Thanks for the patch, but Skytools has more problems than this, AFAICS. The
latest release (3.2.6) needs some autoconf/autoreconf/autowhatever magic before
it can be compiled, and I could not fix it on Friday. I'll look at it later on.

> I wonder if all specs files have to be edited one by one, is it welcome
> to write a script which will prepare specs files for each EL and F
> component instead ?

We have unified spec files for 90% of the stuff that we build. This was the
first step. Craig is working on a solution that will exactly work as you
described. That will be the next step.

Regards,

--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ