Re: Postgres jdbc bulk insert stuck - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From dmachop
Subject Re: Postgres jdbc bulk insert stuck
Date
Re: Postgres jdbc bulk insert stuck  (Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com>)
List pgsql-jdbc
Tried with older version of  postgres jdbc driver
<http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.postgresql/postgresql/9.3-1104-jdbc41>
and the issue still exists.

I recollect reading from Stackoverflow that batch insert in postgres does
individual inserts and recommends using copy. However, I cannot use copy due
to certain reasons. That's the reason I have to resort to batch insert. Is
there a way that I could change some parameters such that it might not hit
the maximum limit? (Probably seems to be an issue with larger tables and
batch insert works on smaller tables).

Just an additional info that the data may contain non-ascii chars while
insert (Chinese, German) and using utf-8 option on db as well as on jdbc
connection properties. I don't see that as an issue since manual inserts are
working good.