Re: psql - missing tab-completion support for tablespaces - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: psql - missing tab-completion support for tablespaces
Date
List pgsql-patches
Gaetano Mendola <mendola@bigfoot.com> writes:
> About this I usefull have in the "rollback to <tab> <tab>" the list of save
> point, I did the autocomplete patch for the nested transaction but I was not
> able to retrieve the "active" savepoints, is it really impossible to hack
> that part ?

There isn't any way to query the server about the set of open savepoint
names.  I thought of adding a function for this, but gave up when I
realized that the time you'd really want to know is when your
transaction is aborted ... and the server will refuse to execute any
query in that case :-(

            regards, tom lane