org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: index row requires more memory than default(8191) - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From msn
Subject org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: index row requires more memory than default(8191)
Date
List pgsql-sql
I am trying to use PostgreSQL in our existing project to improve the
performance and make it fiendly with JSON. I have done some research on the
PostgerSQL and trying to integrate it into our application. But I am facing
some problem when I tried to insert the large json document into the table.
It is working with small set of json document but fails with the large data.
The following is the error dispalyed in the console when inserting the data.

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: index row requires 11936 bytes,
maximum size is 8191at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:2284)at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:2003)at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:200)at
org.postgresql.jdbc.PgStatement.execute(PgStatement.java:424)at
org.postgresql.jdbc.PgStatement.executeWithFlags(PgStatement.java:321)at
org.postgresql.jdbc.PgStatement.executeUpdate(PgStatement.java:297)at
com.practice.PracticeClass.main(PracticeClass.java:28)
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: index row requires 11936 bytes,
maximum size is 8191

In the above error, It is saying memory is not sufficient to create an
index. I am new to this Postgres. I am not creating any index when inserting
the json document. I am thinking it is internally creating an index for the
column.

Table creation: Create table sample(id serial, info jsonb);

Could any tell me how to resolve this error or how to configure to increase
the memory to insert large data.