Re: create batch script to import into postgres tables - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Pepe TD Vo
Subject Re: create batch script to import into postgres tables
Date
Re: create batch script to import into postgres tables
Re: create batch script to import into postgres tables
Re: create batch script to import into postgres tables
List pgsql-admin
thank you for all the information but I have no problem connecting to the database using pgAdmin and/or directly psql from the postgres database.

I need to set up a batch/cron job to run in Linux/AWS to ingest the data.  Therefore pgadmin GUI is not an option. I used pgAdmin to create tables, triggers, function triggers and manual importing/exporting.  You can't schedule a time to run importing from  csv file(s) using pgAdmin as same OEM.

The select table in this question is just an example for me to create scripting to see it connect or not.  No one at work to manually run the script and enter the password.  Need to bypass it like Oracle scripting.  Since this is not an option to put the password to connect to the database and run the script(s), we will find another way to do.

I am thankful for all the input.

v/r,

Bach-Nga

No one in this world is pure and perfect.  If you avoid people for their mistakes you will be alone. So judge less, love, and forgive more.EmojiEmojiEmoji
To call him a dog hardly seems to do him justice though in as much as he had four legs, a tail, and barked, I admit he was, to all outward appearances. But to those who knew him well, he was a perfect gentleman (Hermione Gingold)

**Live simply **Love generously **Care deeply **Speak kindly.
*** Genuinely rich *** Faithful talent *** Sharing success

On Friday, June 19, 2020, 02:24:05 PM EDT, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:

On 6/19/20 8:30 AM, cgerard999@gmail.com wrote:
> There is an alternate solution, which is to launch pgadmin GUI, connect
> to the database, tick « save password »
> Then psql won’t prompt fir password any more.

Pretty sure that is only within the context of pgAdmin.