Re: How do I implement a .XSD in Postgres? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marc Munro
Subject Re: How do I implement a .XSD in Postgres?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, 2016-01-02 at 00:20 +0000, ERR ORR wrote:

> I need to import some DB schemas which are defined in .XSD (a XML
> derivative) format.
> I've googled about this but have found no satisfactory answer. Perhaps
> just don't know what exactly to ask Google.
>
> So please:
> - What tool can I use in order to import .XSD schema definitions into
> Postgresql 9.4.5?
> - If there is no tool, can you please direct me to a document at least
> hinting at how to import a .XSD schema into a DB?
>
> Thanks and happy new year to all.

If I understand your requirement, you have a database definition in an
xml dialect, and you want to convert that into a database.

If you can convert the xml dialect using xslt or something similar, you
can use skit (http://pgfoundry.org/projects/skit/ )to convert the
resulting xml into ddl which can then be run using psql.

Unfortunately, I have not gotten around to documenting the xml schema
for skit, but if you run the regression tests you should be able to get
enough examples to figure it out.

If you want to give this a try, you can email me off list and I'll do
what I can to help.

__
Marc