Best way to sync table DML between databases - Mailing list pgsql-general

From jimbosworth
Subject Best way to sync table DML between databases
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi All,

I have two servers each running pg9.4.4 database instances.
I need to determine the best way to keep a large 20gb table on server A
synchronised onto server B...

At the moment, I use pg_dump to periodically dump the table on server A,
then psql to reload into server B.  This is fine, but means I have to pull
100% of the table each time rather than just the changes.  This option does
not offer real time accuracy on server B.

I have considered using a table trigger on row (update, insert or delete)
and then using db_link or postgres_fdw to sync the changes, but am concerned
that a table trigger is synchronous... so a db_link or fdw could incur a
lengthy delay.

I have also considered using table OIDs to track changes, then just
periodically sync the difference.

I have considered using postgre_fdw and then 'refresh concurrently
materialized view' on server B.

I have considered using logical decoding to read the wal files, then extract
the changes.

Can anyone explain the best way to synchronise JUST the changes on a table
between servers please?

thanks
Jim