Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> We have to use something OSS; open source projects depending on
> closed-source infra is bad news.  Out of what's available, I'd actually
> choose Bugzilla; as much as BZ frustrates the heck out of me at times,
> it's the only OSS tracker that's at all sophisticated.

There are several OSS projects that use closed-source trackers.
I (personally) don't see a real problem with that.  Atlassian offers free
hosting
for open source projects (I'm sure Postgres would qualify) and Confluence
Jira
is one of the best trackers I have worked with. I does have a mail gateway
were
issues can be created and maintained by sending emails (rather than editing
them in
the web front end)

They also support Postgres as their backend (and you do find hints here and
there
that it is the recommended open source DBMS for them - but they don't
explicitly state it like that). We are using Jira at the company I work for
and
all Jira installations run on Postgres there.

https://www.atlassian.com/software/views/open-source-license-request

Thomas