Re: The question of LOCALE at the time of a regression test. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: The question of LOCALE at the time of a regression test.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Since we rely on the OS to supply locale settings, getting a reliable
> set of regression tests that depended on the locale would be close to
> impossible. We really have to run the regression tests under --no-locale.

This is quite untrue; we have variant regression files that exist
specifically to support running the tests under various popular locales.
As Hiroshi-san points out, --no-locale isn't even the default in the
Unix makefile.

Perhaps the Windows locales are different enough that what we have
doesn't cover them?