Re: how to write/setup a C trigger function in a background worker - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From jacques klein
Subject Re: how to write/setup a C trigger function in a background worker
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Well, sorry David, I don't understand what you mean,

let me explain what I want to do: in short, IPC between "background
workers".

I am trying to transform my app. from a multi-threaded C SQL-client into
some "background workers", execution speed beeing the goal (avoid
network io).
Worker start/stopping is nicely solved by server start/stop, but I have
also to do some messaging/notifying between my worker processes, and
would like to use a Postgres based solution instead of the usual unix or
network ipc, or course by avoiding polling (tables acting as message
queues).