Re: Support for N synchronous standby servers - take 2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Beena Emerson
Subject Re: Support for N synchronous standby servers - take 2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Michael Paquier wrote:
> And this is the case of any format as well. String format validation
> for a GUC occurs when server is reloaded or restarted, one advantage
> of JSON is that the parser validator is already here, so we don't need
> to reinvent a new machinery for that.

IIUC correctly, we would also have to add additional code to check that that
given JSON has the required keys and entries. For ex: The "group" mentioned
in the "s_s_names"  should be definied in the "groups" section, etc.

-----
Beena Emerson