Re: BUG #3911: can not 'make' - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Theodore Petrosky
Subject Re: BUG #3911: can not 'make'
Date
List pgsql-bugs
So the solution is to create a file /etc/sysctl.conf
with the following:

kern.sysv.shmmax=33554432
kern.sysv.shmmin=1
kern.sysv.shmmni=32
kern.sysv.shmseg=8
kern.sysv.shmall=65536

I went looking for my rc.conf and can not find it
under os 10.5... Apple must have moved it again.

If someone very knowledgeable can post where this file
went (more for information than need) I would
appreciate it.

I assumed that since I had no problem installing
postgresql on server 10.5.1 I would have the same luck
on client..... When you assume....

Thanks, everything is beautiful now and I am back on
track with webobjects...

Ted

--- Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Theodore Petrosky <tedpet5@yahoo.com> writes:
> > when I check the results/float4.out I see:
> > psql: FATAL:  sorry, too many clients already
>
> Hah.  Check what initdb set max_connections to, and
> run the tests
> with fewer clients than that:
>     make MAX_CONNECTIONS=n check
>
> In the long run you'll want to increase the shared
> memory settings
> --- Apple's out-of-the-box defaults are pretty lame.
>
>             regards, tom lane

> TIP 9: In versions below 8.0, the planner will
> ignore your desire to
>        choose an index scan if your joining column's
> datatypes do not
>        match

Be a better friend, newshound, and