Re: 7.3 --> 7.4 C Functions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 7.3 --> 7.4 C Functions
Date
List pgsql-general
"Nigel J. Andrews" <nandrews@investsystems.co.uk> writes:
> So, what I'm interested in is people's views on how easy it is to port
> C functions from 7.3 to 7.4. I know the elog has changed but that's
> just a bit of leg work, I presume there is nothing significant in how
> to use SPI and the normal sort of tuple manipulation things.

AFAIR the only significant change in stuff that ordinary user-defined
functions might want to use is elog() to ereport().  And even there,
you don't really *have* to convert, it just lets you put out better
error messages.

            regards, tom lane