pg_dump: Error message from server: lost synchronization with server: got messag e type "d", - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From sveera
Subject pg_dump: Error message from server: lost synchronization with server: got messag e type "d",
Date
List pgsql-admin
I am trying to backup  a database  products with pg_Dump. The total size of
the database is 1.6 gb. One of the table in the database is product_image
which is 1gb in size. When I run the pg_dump on the database the database
backup fails with this error.

##pg_dump: Dumping the contents of table "product_image" failed:
PQgetCopyData
() failed.
pg_dump: Error message from server: lost synchronization with server:
got messag
e type "d", length 6036499
pg_dump: The command was: COPY public.product_image (id, username,
projectid, session, filename, filetype, filesize, filedata, uploadedon,
"timestamp") T

If I try to backup the database by excluding the product_image table, the
backup succeeds. I tried increasing the shared_buffer in the postgres.conf
to 1.5gb from 128MB , but the issue still persists. How can this issue be
resolved?