Re: Multiple Row Insert vs. Batch - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From jaime soler
Subject Re: Multiple Row Insert vs. Batch
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
El dom, 07-06-2015 a las 09:56 -0700, Robert DiFalco escribió:
> Another interesting thing is that for 250 records COPY is actually the
> slowest. But these are real world tests to that could have been the
> time it took to transform the 250 records to CSV.
Hi Robert,

Copy using
CopyManager( https://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/publicapi/org/postgresql/copy/CopyManager.html ) should be
fasterthan multi-row inserts and batch single-row insert. Did you count only the copy time without transformation time
?