Re: more on undefined reference to 'pg_detoast_datum' - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: more on undefined reference to 'pg_detoast_datum'
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
"D. Stimits" <stimits@comcast.net> writes:
> ... My question is, where the heck is
> CurrentMemoryContext and MemoryContextAlloc provided as an
> implementation which I can link with?

They're inside the backend, and you don't --- you are not trying to
build a standalone executable with no unresolved symbols, but a shared
library that can be successfully loaded into the backend.  It's okay
for such a library to have unresolved references to symbols that will be
resolved at load time.
        regards, tom lane