Re: Out of memory with "create extension postgis" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Out of memory with "create extension postgis"
Date
List pgsql-general
"Daniel Westermann (DWE)" <daniel.westermann@dbi-services.com> writes:
>> Umm ... you didn't issue a "bt" when you got to errfinish, so there's
>> no useful info here.

> Here is a new one with bt at the end:

That's just showing the stack when the backend is idle waiting for input.
We need to capture the stack at the moment when the "out of memory" error
is reported (errfinish() should be the top of stack).

>> libraries to have gotten linked into a Postgres backend.  What
>> extensions are you using?

> These are the extensions in use:
>  plpythonu          | 1.0     | pg_catalog | PL/PythonU untrusted procedural language

Hm.  If you've been actively using plpython in this session, perhaps
libpython would have pulled all this other weirdness in with it.

            regards, tom lane