Re: pg_largeobject - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Aguayo Garcia-Rada
Subject Re: pg_largeobject
Date
List pgsql-general
Amongst all my tries, I also tried that. I created two tables, one for basic file data, and another for file
content(splittedin pages, as in large objects), but the performance was almost the same as with pg_largeobject; he
greatdifference was that, with my own tables, I could replicate without problems with pgpool2, which was troublesome
withlarge objects.

Based on my experience, I would seriously recommend to search for another solution, as postgres may not be suitable for
largefiles storage. In my case, I ended up using MS DFS-R, but there are some other solutions like Ceph, GlusterFS, and
manyothers. Also, I've recently heard about MongoDB, which has it's own database-backed filesystem optimized for large
files;never tried it, but may be worth a try.

Regards,

Alvaro Aguayo
Jefe de Operaciones
Open Comb Systems E.I.R.L.

Oficina: (+51-1) 3377813 | RPM: #034252 / (+51) 995540103  | RPC: (+51) 954183248
Website: www.ocs.pe