Re: :Posgres - performance problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From ginkgo36
Subject Re: :Posgres - performance problem
Date
Re: :Posgres - performance problem
List pgsql-general
@Gary
I'm working on big data, because of the demands of the job so I
export/import/update data on this table every day.

 I guess it's possible that each query would need all 417 columns but it
seems unlikely... --> Yes, not at all but 2/3 of 417 columns :)

I need gather data into one table for consistency and easy for export and
import, it's ok if I split data to smaller tables, but when
export/import/update, i must excute query on alot of table. And this way
lead data to inconsistency if I forget update/export/import on 1 or more
table. It is terrible.

@John

I will learing about it. Thanks alot.

@All: If you have any suggestion, please let me known. Thanks for you help