Re: Function keys cause psql to segfault - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Function keys cause psql to segfault
Date
Re: Function keys cause psql to segfault
List pgsql-general
> CSN wrote:
>> If I'm in psql (via putty, from WinXP to Redhat) and
>> hit F1-4 (F5+ just display a ~), psql will
>> segmentation fault and exit.

> My guess is that those send a break or some control sequence.  od -c
> might show you what is being output.

Try watching the psql process with strace in another terminal window.
If Bruce's theory is correct (and it sounds good to me) then you should
be able to see a signal being delivered to psql.

            regards, tom lane