Re: autovacuum worker running amok - and me too ;) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From wambacher
Subject Re: autovacuum worker running amok - and me too ;)
Date
List pgsql-general
Paul Ramsey wrote
> Though maybe with a really big table? (with really big
> objects?) Though still, doesn't analyze just pull a limited sample
> (30K approx max) so why would table size make any difference after a
> certain point?

Hi paul, "my" table is quite big (about 293.049.000 records) but the objects
are not.

nodes[] contains maximal 2000 bigint and tags[] up to some hundred chars,
sometimes some thousands chars.

watching the memory usage of the autovaccum process: is was getting bigger
and bigger at nearly constant speed. some MB per minute, iir.

i'm just recreating planet_osm_ways_nodes without "fastupdate=off"

regards
walter