Re: How to round a double8 data type in sql? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From David G Johnston
Subject Re: How to round a double8 data type in sql?
Date
List pgsql-novice
Chuck Roberts wrote
> Postgres 8.4

This release is now out of support and is no longer receiving updates.

> How do I use round() in sql on a double8 data type? While in an SQL
> statement, I can use round just fine on a field that is a type of double.
> Ex: Select round(esthours,2) as ehrs from job;
> But a different field has a type of double8 and I get an error when I try
> to use round on it:
>
> select round(acthours,2) as ahrs from job;
>
> The error is: "No function matches the given name and argument types. You
> might need to add explicit type casts."
>
> I searched around on Google but found no help on doing type casts.

Since this is not a native PostgreSQL type you either need to covert it to
one or ask whomever created this type to also create a rounding function for
it.

While they may monitor this list (doubtful) you are better off contacting
them directly.

David J.