Re: how to resolve org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ResultSet notpositioned properly, perhaps you need to call next. - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Karen Goh
Subject Re: how to resolve org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ResultSet notpositioned properly, perhaps you need to call next.
Date
In response to Re: how to resolve org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ResultSet notpositioned properly, perhaps you need to call next.  (Rob Sargent <robjsargent@gmail.com>)
Responses Re: how to resolve org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ResultSet notpositioned properly, perhaps you need to call next.  (Rob Sargent <robjsargent@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-jdbc

Hi Rob,

I am still getting the same type of error even if I store it in another List...

CopyOnWriteArrayList<String> subList = new CopyOnWriteArrayList<>();

subList.add(rs.getString("subject_name")); // note: using a new List

Are there anybody experienced Java developer that can help ?

On Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 9:12:34 AM GMT+8, Rob Sargent <robjsargent@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sep 2, 2019, at 12:28 AM, Karen Goh <karenworld@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Hi experts,
>
> I have been trying to find a solution in the internet but there is only 1 solution offered by stackoverflow in which the user uses if it is not there then use a else to print out there is no more data/row that appeared in that column.
>
> Basically, I was trying to get a List<String> which meet certain search condition so the data will come from 2 tables - one of which is a column from a join table and the List<String> falls under this table.
>
> So, here's the code that I attempt to get the data out but keep getting ResultSet not positioned properly.
>
> String[] subjectNames = request.getParameterValues("txtsubjects");
> String zipcode = request.getParameter("location");
> List<String> subjList = new ArrayList<String>(Arrays.asList(subjectNames));
> List<tutor> myList = new ArrayList<>();
> ArrayList<String> subList = new ArrayList<>();
> CopyOnWriteArrayList<String>newSub = new CopyOnWriteArrayList<String>();
> tutor t = new tutor();
>

> String sql1 = "select t.tutor_contact_no, t.zipcode, t.tutor_id, t2.subject_name FROM s_tutor t JOIN tutor_subject t2 ON t.tutor_id = t2.tutor_id where t.zipcode = ? And t2.subject_name = Any((?))";
>
> PreparedStatement ps2 = connection.prepareStatement(sql1);
> ps2.setString(1, zipcode);
> for (int i = 0; i < subjectNames.length; i++) {
> Array array = connection.createArrayOf("text", subjList.toArray());
> ps2.setArray(2, array);
> }
> ResultSet rs = ps2.executeQuery();
> while (rs.next()) {
> t.setContactNo(rs.getString("tutor_contact_no"));
> t.setZipcode(rs.getString("zipcode"));
> t.settutor_id(rs.getInt("tutor_id"));
>

> for (String s: subjList)
> if (s.contains(rs.getString("subject_name")))

Are you sure you want to add to the subList you’re iterating through?