Re: BUG #12578: row_to_json() and to_json() add 'T' in timestamp field. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From David G Johnston
Subject Re: BUG #12578: row_to_json() and to_json() add 'T' in timestamp field.
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hor Meng Yoong wrote
> Thanks for the insights.
>
> I have submitted a documentation comment on PostgreSQL 9.4 document,
> Section 9.6, to add in examples on
> to_json() and row_to_json() using now() to illustrate ISO 8601. For
> examples:

What does this have to do with bit strings?

A note in 9.15 indicating the change in behavior and the means to get back
to the old behavior might be warranted but otherwise the current behavior is
correct and what people starting from scratch would likely expect so noting
it anywhere except the change log is not a strong necessity.  Adding four
examples doesn't impress me if the only goal is to show this behavior
change.