Re: BUG #8695: Reloading dump fails at COMMENT ON EXTENSION plpgsql - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #8695: Reloading dump fails at COMMENT ON EXTENSION plpgsql
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> That's what I thought too, but I see a schema file in pg_extensions:

Read the manual.

> Should we hard-code a pg_catalog plpgsql to be skipped in pg_dump?

No, I don't think so.

The real issue here is that we don't have a notion of a "built-in
extension".  I think this was specifically debated back when we
extension-ified plpgsql, though I don't recall details of why
we ended up not doing that.  Maybe the idea was that you could
drop and then re-add plpgsql?  Anyway, I think this is not such
a simple issue and a one-line hack in pg_dump is not likely to
improve matters.

            regards, tom lane