Re: pg_locks needs a facelift - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_locks needs a facelift
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Jim C. Nasby" <decibel@decibel.org> writes:
> On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 10:22:08AM -0400, Merlin Moncure wrote:
>> 1998 when the oid played a larger role, it is now quite rightly
>> deprecated and my intention is to remove it from the userlock module.

> I wish you wouldn't since http://rrs.decibel.org uses it.

Don't worry, I'll veto any immediate removal of functionality ;-)

The correct way to handle this is to add some better userlock
functionality and deprecate what's there.  We can remove the crufty
stuff in a release or three after it's been officially deprecated
... but there is no reason to remove it immediately.  It won't conflict
with a better version, just exist alongside.