Re: unnesting multirange data types - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: unnesting multirange data types
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com> writes:
> Patch successfully passed commitfest.cputube.org.  I'm going to
> re-push it if there are no objections.

I'm still not happy about the way you've done the multirange-to-array
part.  I think we'd be better off improving the polymorphism rules so
that that can be handled by one polymorphic function.  Obviously that'd
be a task for v15, but we've already concluded that just having the
unnest ability would be minimally sufficient for v14.

So I think you should trim it down to just the unnest part.

In any case, beta2 wraps on Monday, and there is very little time
left for a full round of buildfarm testing.  I almost feel that
it's too late to consider pushing this today.  Tomorrow absolutely
is too late for beta2.