Re: PQfinish() in a C multi-threaded application - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From David G Johnston
Subject Re: PQfinish() in a C multi-threaded application
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Fran=C3=A7ois Battail wrote
> Dear List,
>=20
> I've a (large) multi-threaded application in C using PostgreSQL 9.3 on=20
> Ubuntu 14.04 LTS x86_64 and it /seems/ that when a thread close a=20
> connection using PQfinish() all pgsql connections *program wide* are=20
> closed, here's an overview of this application:

I would imagine that actually showing a small snippet of C code that
exhibits this behavior would make trouble-shooting a lot more viable.

Specifically the means of thread creation and connection creation/provision
in the main program, and the threads, needs to be shown in code and not som=
imprecise description.

If you provide that those with actual knowledge of C and libpq may be able
to help.

David J.