Re: some ideas from users - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David G Johnston
Subject Re: some ideas from users
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Pavel Stehule wrote
> :

> marko@

> >:
>
>> On 2014-11-22 12:20 PM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
>>
>>> 2. missing table function with all settings. Like SHOW ALL, but with
>>> filtering possibility
>>>

>> What's wrong with pg_settings?
>>

> nothing, I didn't find it in doc
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/functions-admin.html. My
> mistake.
> Maybe near doc "current_setting" can be link
>
> Thank you
>
> Pavel
>

>> .marko

It might be worth adding this sentence to the 9.26.1 first paragraph:

"There are also SQL commands and a related view for managing settings.  See
18.1 for additional information."

Or, after "it corresponds to [...] SHOW and SELECT * FROM pg_settings".  The
set_config can also be stated to correspond to UPDATE pg_settings.

We end up being repetitive with section 18.1 but it is only a single
sentence and focused for someone looking at functions.

David J.