Re: row_to_json bug with index only scans: empty keys! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: row_to_json bug with index only scans: empty keys!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>

>> I assume that's what you would propose for just the stable branches, and
>> that going forward we'd always use the aliases from the RTE?
>
> That would be my druthers.  But given the lack of complaints, maybe we
> should just stick to the more-backwards-compatible behavior until someone
> does complain.  Thoughts?

I think consistent use of the aliases would be less surprising and
should be what we do on master.  I agree that we should avoid
breaking anything that might be working as intended on stable
branches.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com