Re: Amazon Redshift - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Amazon Redshift
Date
List pgsql-hackers
philip taylor <philtay51@mail.com> wrote:

> do you think we should implement some of the functions offered by
> Amazon Redshift?
>
> http://docs.aws.amazon.com/redshift/latest/dg/c_SQL_functions.html

Well, obviously we already have many of the functions linked from
that page.  I think that if you want to go through them and pick
out a few that you think are particularly promising it could start
a useful discussion.  Pointing at a page that includes such things
as CURRENT_DATE, the avg() aggregate, and the lead() window
function is just going to waste the time of everyone who follows
the link.  It's not like all of them would be committed in the same
patch anyway.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com