Re: Repeatable read and serializable transactions see data committed after tx start - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Repeatable read and serializable transactions see data committed after tx start
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@BlueTreble.com> wrote:

> If we go that route we should also mention that now() will no
> longer be doing what you probably hope it would (AFAIK it's
> driven by BEGIN and not the first snapshot).

There is also the fact that pg_stat_activity shows a connection as
being "idle in transaction" as soon as BEGIN is executed; it does
not wait for the snapshot to be acquired.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com