Re: array concat, et al patch (was: [GENERAL] join of array) - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: array concat, et al patch (was: [GENERAL] join of array)
Date
Re: array concat, et al patch  (Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com>)
List pgsql-patches
Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
> The attached patch fixes code and regression tests for the following
> 1) Array concatenation of equidimensional arrays:
> 2) Array literals or vars in ARRAY expressions:
> 3) Lower bound of outer array adjusted downward when an "element" (which
> could itself be an array) is concatenated onto the front of an array:

Applied with only marginal changes.  (I thought the element-type checks
removed from parse_expr.c had better be applied at runtime; and
I noticed that array_cat scribbled on its inputs in some cases.)

> docs to follow once
> I'm sure what actually ends up being committed.

You're on the hook for docs fixes...

            regards, tom lane