Re: Does psqlODBC actually work on osx? - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Malcolm MacLeod
Subject Re: Does psqlODBC actually work on osx?
Date
List pgsql-odbc
I've tracked this down to the getDSNInfo function inside dlg_specific.c
It checks only INI_SERVER and not SPEC_SERVER - while other parts of the
code check both, this leads to inconsistent behaviour.

If I use e.g. iodbctestw
"DSN=test;UID=postgres;PWD=postgres13;SERVERNAME=10.0.0.3" it bypasses
the ini reading and works as expected.

I attempted a quick patch to make getDSNInfo check both and after doing
that it works as expected, personally I think this should be fixed to
check for both.

Thanks for all the help.
- Malcolm MacLeod