Convert query plan to sql query - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From mariem
Subject Convert query plan to sql query
Date
Re: Convert query plan to sql query  (Antonin Houska <ah@cybertec.at>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hello,

I would like to transform the query plan (output of the planner,
debug_print_plan) into an sql query.
I know that there are pieces of the query plan that might be machine
dependent (in var for example).
So I wanted to have your suggestions or thoughts before I put efforts into
it.

Basically, if I have:query1 -> parser -> rewriter -> planner
the process would be :query_plan -> planner -> parser -> query2

query1 and query2 are not necessarily the same due to rewrite, stats..

Thanks!