Re[2]: [BUGS] BUG #11761: range_in dosn't work via direct functional call - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Dunauskas Oleg
Subject Re[2]: [BUGS] BUG #11761: range_in dosn't work via direct functional call
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Thanks for help, for other people I leave some snippet,  it took one working day to dig into postgres code to understand this:

FmgrInfo fmgr;

Oid func_id = fmgr_internal_function("range_in");

fmgr_info(func_id, &fmgr);

Datum result = FunctionCall3(&fmgr, CStringGetDatum("(1,1)"), ObjectIdGetDatum(3904), Int32GetDatum(0));
And one more question, for example, I do some memory allocation via palloc in _PG_Init().
Is this memory preserve for all life time after library is loaded into postgresql process?

Other case, for example, I have this code in dynamic lib:

char *global_init;
char *global;

void _PG_init(void)
{
   global_init = (char *) palloc(10);
}

Datum f (PG_FUNCTION_ARGS)
{
   if (!global)
   {
      global  = (char*) palloc (10);
   }
   *global = '\0'; // is it ok when i call "f" several times?
   *global_init = '\0'; // is it ok when i call "f" several times?