LOCK command inside a TRANSACTION - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Carlos Santos
Subject LOCK command inside a TRANSACTION
Date
Re: LOCK command inside a TRANSACTION  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-sql
Hi!
I need Postgresql somehow does this for me:
- if an user query a select on a table, the rows of the table in the result of this select can not be updated or deleted by another user until this one update, delete or discard the changes on those rows.

I've found something about the LOCK command inside a TRANSACTION but I didn't see how I could do that yet.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Carlos Henrique Iazzetti Santos
Compels Informática
Santa Rita do Sapucaí - MG
Brazil
www.compels.net

Fale com seus amigos de graça com o novo Yahoo! Messenger
http://br.messenger.yahoo.com/