Re: postgres --help-config - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: postgres --help-config
Date
Re: postgres --help-config  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Where should I start on this?  :-)

Where should I start on all the people who are complaining now, but
said not a word when the patch was put up for review?

I'm quite annoyed at these claims that procedure wasn't followed.
It's either selective memory or historical revisionism, and either
way I feel it's unfair to me and to Red Hat.

Let's see some specific suggestions for improvement, rather than
bootless complaining.  I'm quite prepared to agree that the patch
could use improvement.  If we can fix it before 7.4 release,
let's do so.