Re: copymanager question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From swaroop
Subject Re: copymanager question
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks for getting back.

So just to confirm if a string value , we need to take care off it ourselves
by escaping
any special character and quote (single, double) ? I am not exactly sure off
the escaping part
for each of the characters - have read that for single quotes, we need to
add one more single
quote to escape . Is this true ? Please can you confirm this and
specifically for any other character.

basically i want to ensure that if i get a string say abc'd"e\fgh/" or
something which has characters
i need to escape, i need to be aware off which are those characters for
which copy command
can consider it as invalid CSV.

Currently using this COPY table(col1,col2,...coln) FROM STDIN WITH CSV  NULL
AS 'NULL-VAL' , new ByteArrayInputStream(bytes)

thanks again.