Re: High memory usage / performance issue ( temp tables ? ) - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From gmb
Subject Re: High memory usage / performance issue ( temp tables ? )
Date
List pgsql-sql
Just to make sure I understand this correct : > You can write PostgreSQL extension in C - and store XML only in
memory.Meaning that I write function(s) which processes the XML using C which will allow me more option with processing
theXML ? Will this allow me to cache the payload data in memory for the connection and not only for a single function ?
Ifnot , this approach will not work , unless I rewrite a lot of the code / functions. The current solution makes use of
aseparate function for each different part of the XML. Reason for this is that a lot of validation is also done on the
data.> Temp tables are best when you do some queries or when you need indexes, but > it is terrible slow cache.
>> else - Postgres is good as database and very slow as cache. It is good for > prototyping and for less or
middleload servers. For any other use > different software So your point is that the use of temp tables in this kind
ofscenario is not vey efficient. I'll then try to replace the temp tables with actual tables with some kind of UID.
Thanksfor the response. gmb <br /><hr align="left" width="300" /> View this message in context: <a
href="http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/High-memory-usage-performance-issue-temp-tables-tp5815108p5815206.html">Re:
Highmemory usage / performance issue ( temp tables ? )</a><br /> Sent from the <a
href="http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/PostgreSQL-sql-f2142323.html">PostgreSQL- sql mailing list archive</a> at
Nabble.com.<br/>