Re: Implementation details of schema permissions? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Implementation details of schema permissions?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom, do you have plans yet on how to store permissions granted on schemas?

Haven't thought about it very hard.  I would like to reuse the existing
ACL support, of course.  We might need to generalize it to allow
different sets of permission bits for different kinds of objects.

[ thinks... ] AFAIR, the low-level ACL routines don't really know/care
much about the meanings of the bits, except for the I/O converters which
have to be able to map bits to code letters.  So parameterization seems
pretty feasible.  We could use atttypmod to let the I/O converters know
which code map applies to a particular ACL column, I think.