Re: parametric block size? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject Re: parametric block size?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Possibly stopping at the tablespace level might be more straightforward.
> To avoid messing up the pages in shared buffers we'd perhaps need
> something like several shared buffer pools - each with either its own
> blocksize or associated with a (set of) tablespace(s).

This is exactly how Oracle does it. You can specify the blocksize when
creating a tablespace.

For each blocksize a separate buffer cache ("shared buffers" in Postgres
terms) can be configured. So the cache is not maintained on tablespace level
but on blocksize level.