Should I partition this table? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From AlexK
Subject Should I partition this table?
Date
Re: Should I partition this table?
List pgsql-general
My table currently uses up 62 GB of storage, and it has 450 M rows. This
narrow table has a PK on (ParentID, ChildNumber), and it has between 20K and
50K of child rows per parent.

The data is inserted daily, rarely modified, never deleted. The performance
of modifications is not an issue. The only select from it is as follows:

SELECT <column_lis> FROM MyChildTable WHERE ParentID=?
ORDER BY ChildNumber;

The selects are frequent, and their performance is essential.

Would you advice me to partition this table?

TIA